Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Highline Part 2: Soy Ham Cured My Craving

I went brunching 2 weekends ago and, naturally, ended up at Highline - by way of Charlie's for a mimosa because Highline doesn't open at 10:00 AM. Supposedly it opens at 11:00 AM, but I think Saturday mornings are extra hard if you work at a bar.

This time I remembered to take a picture of the menu!


If you will recall, last time I ordered the Chicken Fried Steak. My goal was to order each item as listed, top to bottom. However, sometimes you don't WANT the Western Ohmlette. And you call yourself a Trailblazer




Anyway, I finally settled on the Monte Cristo. 




The potatoes and root vegetables were my favorite part. Seasoned to perfection and super colorful. Jes ordered the French Toast which I failed to photograph, but it looked like the toast on my Monte Cristo. Can't you just picture it? Also, we shared a side of tempeh bacon which I promptly added to my sandwich because you can never have too much stuff on a sandwich. Right?! Right?!

This is the shortest and weirdest post ever. I promise I have real things to share with you including (since I started this post last week) another Highline brunch date and some down home Southern cooking! I swear I'll get my act together and actually post those. 

Consider this post a teaser. Or something. I am in the process of Autumn-ifying myself. It is similar to mummifying in the traditional sense but instead of removing organs and preserving an ancient Egyptian Pharaoh, it involves preserving energy in order to fully commit to the change in seasons. Although, Seattle has been the same season since March or so. After my Autumnification, I will have even MORE things to share. 

IS ANYONE ELSE CONFUSED YET?

Don't let this errant post deter you from checking back in - that is NOT an empty promise. And with that, I'll see you in September!





No comments:

Post a Comment