Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Gardein Chick'n Marsala: ImPECKable

Dinner has been pretty great these days. Patrick and I have been swamped with a lot of "life happenings" and thus we have been relying on the ease of things like quinoa, cous cous, kale and Gardein! Having limited time for creative cooking has not hindered our evening meal by any means. In fact, I think it has prepared me for the 2012 Iron Chef competition!

I recently discovered Gardein's Chick'n Marsala and not only was it on sale (yesssssssssss), it also promised to be fast and delicious and full of protein. The kitchen was running a little low on supplies (it's been a busy summer!), therefore, I had to play one of my favorite games: Make Something Out Of Nothing! Or, MaSOON.

MaSOON's of the past have included flour tortillas filled with hummus and mixed nuts, a can of chili combined with Frito's and guacamole, as well as TofuYoung (that recipe I will probably end up posting because it turned out SO GREAT!)

Anyway, the Chick'n Marsala MaSOON was fantastic. It was fast, it was delicious and it looked beautiful to boot.





To make this beauty:

Follow the cooking instructions on the Gardein package for the chicken. It comes with two packets of sauce which I warmed under hot water, opened and added to a sauce pan. I then added some Earth Balance and leftover mushrooms that were sad and lonely in the crisper. Prior to adding the mushrooms I sliced them and sauteed them in a teaspoon of Earth Balance.

In addition to the Chick'n Marsala, I sauteed some garden collard greens with fresh garlic. When it was time to assemble I loaded a bowl with greens, laid the Chick'n Marsala on top of the greens, poured the sauce and then garnished with green onion and frozen corn (placed in a strainer and quickly held until hot water so it wasn't frozen anymore!).

The most exciting thing about the meal was that I finally got rid of that frozen corn. It was the tiniest bit, sitting the freezer, probably for a decade. What exactly are you supposed to do with 3 TBS of frozen corn? Well, problem solved.


No comments:

Post a Comment